Indian Railways PNR Status Enquiry
Indian Railways PNR Status Enquiry can be made either through sending a simple SMS or dialing the pertinent contact number. PNR status is a Passenger Name Record status. It is used for passenger to check whether the ticket issued to him is confirmed or not. The PNR Status is a numeric 10 digit number. It indicates the confirmed or waitlisted position of your ticket along with the coach and seat numbers.
There are three different types to check PNR Status:
1) PNR Status by Mobile or Landline: Indian Railways has offered telephone number for the travelers where they can make enquiry for PNR Status. PNR Status by Mobile or Landline is an easy and hassle-free process where you don’t need to spend much of your time. Following is the process of checking PNR Status by Mobile or Landline.
1. Just dial 139 using mobile, landline phones and you get details about your PNR Status.
2. Delhi and Mumbai people have another benefit they can immediately dial 139 followed by 10 digits PNR Number or 139 followed by 4 digit train number and system will immediately provide the information of ticket PNR and train status.
For Example: Your PNR Number is 4564564564
Just Call to 1394564564564 and gets your ticket details.
2) Check PNR Status through SMS: Travelers can also get the PNR status of Indian railway ticket by sending SMS in 139 or 5676747.
1. Just type PNR space followed by PNR number and send to 139
For Example: Type PNR (Space) (Type PNR number) and send to 139
2. Just type PNR space followed by PNR number and send to 5676747
For Example: Type PNR (Space) (Type PNR number) and send to 5676747
3) Check Online PNR Status: You can check PNR status by using these Websites.